22nd October 2015
Portesbery is an all age day school for children and young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), some with additional sensory impairments, physical
difficulties or challenging behaviour.
The school provides a safe, happy, fun, engaging and fulfilling environment which promotes the development of the whole person and skills for life. It is moving
from Camberley to fantastic new purpose-built facilities in Deepcut in November 2015, where pupil numbers will grow to around 105.
Being a school governor is about making a difference. Governors can help schools in the challenge to constantly drive standards higher. They do this by:
- Agreeing the aims and objectives for the school.
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the school and challenging those weaknesses.
- Agreeing the school’s budget each year.
- Reviewing performance.
- Ensuring accountability for the school to parents and the community.
- Participating in staff appointments.
School governors bring the experience, life skills and ordinary common sense of non-experts, to the expert task of running a school. They need to care about improving
children’s education, want to make a contribution within their local community and be prepared to commit time for training, class visits and meetings. If you are
interested and would like to find out more about current or future vacancies, please email: